Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whatta Day!

The first ever Sedona Book Festival was a rousing success!  Eight hours of authors, publishers, readers, and shoppers all present to further the art of the written word.  Barbara Litrell and Joe Neri did a fabulous job of organizing the fest and everything ran smoothly.  Thanks to you both!
I must say, after the push to get my book ready, published, and in my house by October 3rd, today I am whipped!  Wanna just lie on the couch and watch a good film.  Yet my mind keeps straying back to the heady times of yesterday. 
Thanks to my wonderful friends and neighbors who came down to listen to me speak and read and buy my books!  And to Rudy Garcia, the man who makes my hair the fabulous conversation piece that it is!
I wanted to go out to dinner and celebrate, but my partner was out of town, and my friend Michaela didn't want to go out.  My first thought was stop and order some pasta at Pago's and take it to Michaela's house.
A few miles down the road I said to myself, "Why pay $15 for pasta that won't be as good as mine?"  So, I went home, changed clothes, grabbed my Bio-Naturae Linguini (organic imported from Italy), Provencale olives (black, bitter, salty), red pepper flakes, and leftover World Market Marinara Sauce (damn good for sauce in a jar) and put 'em in my bag, along with a bottle of Bolla Bardolino (my favorite everyday red wine) and beat it back to Michaela's, where she and my beloved Shasta (dog-child) greeted me with smiles and hugs.  A perfect pair with whom to share my success!
Soon I'll be posting some pix from The Festival on my website and here at the Salon.
Today: more of The National Parks on PBS and tonight...you guessed it, INSPECTOR LEWIS!
Ciao!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment