Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Author Surfaces

Yep, it's taken me a few days to revive and come down to earth!  But with the help of my Miracle Man Dr. Marc Viafora, Network Chiropractor, spiritual guru, and joyous being, I am riding on a lighter wave of consciousness!  Thank you, Marco!
For some ungodly, or maybe godly ? reason, I have been awake since three this morning and feeling just damn happy!  Put the heater on for the first time this year and am LOVING the crisp, cold, high-desert autumn.  Summer was lonnnnng and hotttttt this year and I am thrilled to be in Columbia fleece jackets (yes, I have a collection of them) and warm fuzzy scarves.
Today is a special day indeed: Tony Curtis is in town showing his artwork at The Sedona Arts Festival and a gallery in town, and The Sedona Film Festival has managed to snag two of his movies to show today as well.  At 7:00 pm will be The Sweet Smell of Success with Burt Lancaster, and at 4:00 pm, my time for the movies, will be Some Like It Hot!  One of my top five favorite movies of all time!  And not only will Tony be in attendance for an interview after the showing, but my pal Robert Osborne from Turner Classic Movies will be here to introduce the film and interview Mr. Curtis.  Wow!  Some Like It Hot on the big screen!  How coooool is that?  I loved this movie so much when it came out, maybe I was 10 or 12, that I sat through it twice, back to back!  Favorite line?  When Joe (Tony) asks Jerry (Jack Lemmon) why he would even consider marrying Osgood (Joe E. Brown, who is a millionaire MAN, and who thinks Jerry is Daphne), Jerry, who is dancing around the room singing and shaking a pair of maracas, reliving the tango he was doing with Osgood moments before, ecstasy imbuing every cell of his body snaps back, "Security!"
There are only two things the presence of which would make this even more exciting:  Marilyn Monroe and Jack Lemmon!
I'll let you know how it all goes!!
Buona Sera, amici...
Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment