Monday, September 28, 2009

Though I am loathe to miss Masterpiece Mystery and Inspector Lewis on Sunday nights, I must say that part one of Ken Burns' new series, The National Parks on PBS was wonderful! Yosemite in particular drew me like a magnet. I envied John Muir and his explorations: his listening to the rocks, and climbing to the tops of trees in a storm to know what exactly the trees experienced at such a time--wow! His finding God in Nature's majesty. I felt like his soul sister for I certainly found God in the majesty of Red Rock Country, where I now live, and was actually called here by God him/herself, which I write about in my new book, I Knew It Then. After watching that show last night, I wanted to hop in The Highlander this morning and head north to Wupatki National Monument and The Painted Desert, Marble Canyon; into Utah and up to Bryce Canyon; to all the Red Rock Wonders and wide open spaces that I could find. This stunning country that is my corner of the world ignites my passion. I am grateful to be living here.
Have a lovely evening!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment