Thursday, December 24, 2009

A White Christmas!


It snowed big-time in our part of Jack's Canyon the night before the night before Christmas. 
I got up at five a.m. to go to the bathroom and shined my little flashlight out the window to find the south forty piled with snow.  I ran to the other parts of the house to open the shades and look outside: mounds of snow all over!  Huge pines, pinons, and Arizona cypress with limbs drooping under the weight of so much snow. 
When it got light enough, around 7:20, we hooked up Shasta and went out for the most glorious walk in the mist shrouded joy-inspiring flakey-whiteness of our corner of the world. 
I've never felt more like a kid on Christmas!
We ran into neighborhood friends who had the same idea.  Enjoy the photos.
To all of you Merry Christmas and to all a good night.
Love, Peace, Joy, Laughter and Good Food!
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Well, Susan, Merrrryyy Christmas! I got here by looking for posts by or about my friend, Susan Powell, also a poet and author, and a professor.
    She used to live and teach in Arizona, knows Sedona.
    I'll be back from time to time.
    Merrryyyy Christmas to you and yours!
    Bod bless us everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes, that should have been and is, God, not Bod.
    My Susan is starting a press for your information.

    ReplyDelete